In fact, many Americans say they are trying new things for the first time: 21% are celebrating the December holidays at home for the first time, while others will try their hand at preparing their first-ever turkey on
"The holidays are going to look different this year, but Americans are excited to be at home and determined to enjoy the present, even if that means celebrating traditions with a twist," says
Home really is where the heart is, with half (50%) of all Americans saying they are excited to have a reason to stay at home this holiday season instead of going out, with millennials (61%) the most excited to celebrate at home. The "Holiday Traditions at Home" study identified four types of Americans getting creative with their celebrations to make the best of this joyful time of year. However people plan to celebrate,
1. First-Time Traditionalists. Over half (54%) of all Americans are looking forward to making new winter holiday traditions at home this year. Twenty-seven percent of people say that making new traditions will help to make their holidays feel more special this holiday season. So how are Americans twisting tradition? Nineteen percent plan to cook their first
- Celebrate Outdoors: Transforming your backyard into a winter wonderland has never been easier with the Cozy Backyard Holiday collection, curated by
Bed Bath & Beyond'sdesign team at Decorist. Thanks to our new Same Day Delivery service, customers can also order from us in the morning and have most items delivered straight to their homes the same day. So, whether you're cooking Thanksgivingdinner for the first time and need that all-important kitchen essential, or an UGG® Classic Sherpa Throw Blanket (only $39.99for Black Friday!) to make your outdoor celebration holiday ready, we're here for you.
2. Deck-orators. Americans are looking forward to decking the halls this year, with many planning to start earlier (22%)—and put up more decorations (29%)—than they have in the past. In fact, about one in five (17%), or 42 million Americans have already started putting up their decorations for December; that's especially true for city dwellers (29%) who are much more likely to have gotten a jumpstart than those who live in suburban (12%) or rural (11%) areas. As many as twelve million Americans couldn't wait until the fall this year; they hauled out their holiday decorations to create some festive cheer in the home at the start of the pandemic.
- Holiday Inspiration: Customers looking for a little inspiration are in luck.
Bed Bath & Beyond'sonline interior design service Decorist has put together holiday decorating and entertaining inspiration—including state-of-the art 3D renderings and blog posts. Customers can quickly find the easy solutions, thoughtful gifts, relevant tips, and the ideas they need to keep the holidays bright on Bed Bath & Beyond'swebsite, marketing and social channels.
3. Merry Makers. Nearly half (49%) say a home-cooked meal with family will help make the holidays feel special this year. Others believe listening to holiday music (44%) and baking holiday dessert favorites with family (34%) will do the trick. Women are more likely than men to think a home cooked meal with family (55% vs. 42%), listening to holiday music (50% vs. 38%), and baking holiday dessert favorites (41% vs. 27%) will help make the winter holidays feel more special. Close to three in five (57%) will purchase at least one new item this year to help make the holidays special. Among them, a majority (57%) plan on buying holiday-themed decorations. Women (40% vs. 32%) are more excited than men about buying the perfect present for someone else...while men (24% vs. 18%) are more excited about receiving it.
- More Ways to Save, Across More Days: You don't need to wait to enjoy incredible values this year, with more deals across more days than ever before. From Holiday Daily Deals, to our extended Black Friday and Cyber Monday offers, customers can enjoy as much as 25% off their entire in-store purchase, Curbside, and Store Pickup orders. BEYOND+® is the secret way to save, giving members free shipping on all orders, and 25% off from Wednesday, 11/25 to Saturday, 11/28.
Bed Bath & Beyondis also helping customers spend more time celebrating with loved ones this year with hassle-free, fast and convenient shopping services like free Store Pickup and contactless Curbside Pickup.
4. Virtual Celebrators. With this year's
- Smart Devices to Connect: To help stay connected to loved ones near and far,
Bed Bath & Beyondoffers multiple smart devices for video chats, recipe sharing and more offering incredible values for Black Friday including the Google Nest Hub, (save up to $40) and Amazon Echo Show 8 (2pk, save up to $130).
For more details on Bed Bath & Beyond® holiday, visit https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/.
Sample: Based on an online survey of 1,003 people aged 18+ in
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/merry-bright-and-new-bed-bath--beyond-holiday-traditions-at-home-study-reveals-this-holiday-season-will-be-a-season-of-firsts-for-many-families-301179658.html
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., Jessica Joyce, email@example.com, 908.557.3049