UNION, N.J., Nov 10, 2005 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- No matter how large the kitchen, it somehow manages to shrink as holiday preparations mount. Suddenly, there's not enough counter space, or room in the oven. And don't even think about trying to squeeze another wine bottle into the fridge to chill before dinner.
Experts at Bed Bath & Beyond(R) suggest that merely adding a few items to your kitchen essentials can not only make room, but take the stress out of preparing a big holiday dinner.
"The better equipped your kitchen is, the easier your holiday entertaining preparations will be, and the sooner you'll be able to take your seat at the table to enjoy dinner with your guests," said Bed Bath & Beyond's Bari Fagin.
Fagin offers these ideas to help you squeeze the most out of your kitchen:
- A two-shelved, wood-topped, folding kitchen cart is a multi-functional solution if counter space is at a premium. Its casters allow for easy movement and it can be stored until needed. When done with food preparation, cover it with a tablecloth and create a beverage or dessert center.
- A new collapsible oven rack can double your oven's cooking space if you're having trouble bringing all entrees to the table at the same time. Just set up the chrome wire-grid rack next to the roasting pan in the oven.
- Use a wine chiller and you'll be able to serve your guests perfectly chilled wine in as little as seven minutes. Add a new stemless wine set to your glassware collection and you'll have the right glass in the right size for any type of wine.
- Also, don't forget to update your bakeware. New silicone bakeware is available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Silicone is non-stick, stain resistant and dishwasher safe. It also cooks evenly, stores easily and can be used in the oven, microwave or freezer.
- When you're done baking, create an edible centerpiece using a cupcake stand. This tiered dessert stand can hold up to 18 cupcakes and makes a unique presentation.
Visit Bed Bath & Beyond stores nationwide or online at http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com for solutions for all of your holiday preparation, cooking and entertaining needs.
SOURCE Bed Bath & Beyond
Bari Fagin of Bed Bath & Beyond, email@example.com, 631-420-7050 x5371